The United States visa application includes the following:
- Detail instructions on finishing the application forms
- USA visa information for eligibility
- Information on visas for business, tourism and medical purposes
- Preparing for a visa interview at the US Embassy or Consulate
- List of interview questions that are usually common
- How to extend stay in the United States after you arrive
- How to change visa status in the United States after you arrive
- Visa Waiver information with a list of eligible countries
The US visa application process for a visa can take many weeks or even months depending on how fast you can get an appointment at the US Embassy or Consulate. It is recommended that you begin the application process as early as possible. You may apply for a USA visa even if you do not plan on traveling to the USA soon. You are not required to give specific travel dates when applying for a US Visa. US visas are usually valid from 1 to up to 10 years.
Do You Qualify to Travel to United States Visa-Free?
There are 37 Visa Waiver countries and their citizens may travel to the United States without a visa. There are some limits in the “Visa Waiver Program”, but the main benefit is that no visa is needed to travel to the United States. If you are a national of a “Visa Waiver Country” you may apply only for a “Travel Authorization” through the “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”, commonly referred to as “ESTA”. This program enables visits to the United States for up to 3 months for business, tourism, or medical reasons.
Here’re the countries which are in the “Visa Waiver Program”:
- Czech Republic
- Republic of Malta
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
Today start your Este Application
If you are not a citizen of one of the countries listed above, you then need to apply for a regular USA visa. In order to apply for a USA visa, you can download the application guide.
All USA visas need to have an application fee with it. Very few people qualify for a free visa (usually only political leaders or diplomats get free visas). Most non-immigrant US visas have an application fee in the range of $160 to $250. You will need to only pay a fee online after you submit your DS-160 form.